Search This Blog

16/06/2014

The Wedding!



Me & the beautiful bride :)
So on Friday 13th June my beautiful cousin, Jilly-Sue Spencer, became Mrs Dillon and I had the honour and privileged of being a bridesmaid and also the mega responsibility of doing all the decorations. Now do not get me wrong, I volunteered and I was over-the-moon that she said yes (ha ha!).

Vintage themed wedding
Bunting triangles
Bless my folks for helping
I love planning; all the ideas we bounced around over colour, style, measuring the room, ordering fabric, test flowers, wool colours, researching other peoples weddings... : D

It seemed like such a long time of planning and making and then the 2 weeks before the wedding flew by!

However what I didn't anticipate was exactly how long sewing together over 200 ft of bunting would take, even with a sewing machine, or how long 80 pom-poms would take to open out, never mind dividing   over 500 pieces of tissue paper to make them colour coordinated.

Nor how to attach stems to bridal flowers when everything is polystyrene based. A huge thank you here to my long suffering boyfriend Tom for helping me test 4 different types of glue at 4am in the morning after finishing work! Smaller items such as the large crochet bunting, butterflies and fabric love birds where a breeze (hot gluing pearl beads onto a love bird at 2.30am trying to avoid the kitten was fun!).
Bridesmaids flowers

However for all my grumbling, lack of sleep etc etc the most important think to take away from all this is the pride and happiness I felt in my work, the combined effort of everyone else in my family who helped set the room up the night before, finishing it on the day and the following day when we had to take it all down!) and the look on all the other guests faces when they saw the room, especially the bride and groom.







 A wonderful day was had by all, the weather was beautiful, the afternoon tea was amazing and the karaoke was thankfully not too bad!! I also had a future bride to be want to take the bunting off me for her wedding next year! Spreading the wedding love :)

Although according to Tom I'm not allowed to 'get any ideas'! What is he gonna be like when I'm designing baby clothes! :P
Hand knitted/crochet flowers complete with blue butterfly for a beautiful vintage bride
Bridal flowers ready & waiting in a vintage jug
 Let me know what you think of it all!!


2 comments:

  1. It was amazing! So happy. You made our wedding perfect. xxx =) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was amazing! Thanks your making our wedding so special. xxx =) xxx

    ReplyDelete