Search This Blog

08/08/2015

The T175 Festival with Hemingway Design

The Transatlantic Mersey to Manhattan Festival or the T175 hit Liverpool in June & it was EPIC!

An estimated 250,00 people attended the weekend of vintage stall, street food, entertainment, classic cars, shopping, cake challenges & The Very Big Catwalk Guinness World Record Attempt!


I was there too! Did you see me? I was running crafty workshops in conjunction with The House of Hemingway Designs (I know! Check me out!) for the Vintage On The Dock event in the building next to the old Pier Masters House & what a weekend it was!


After a week of some serious wool winding & pompom maker cutting out - I should note here that I have a wonderful boyfriend who spent most of the week doing this for me - it was all crafty hands on deck! 
Sheet 1 of 4

Half way there...

However it was all so worth it as it was the biggest compliment of my little business adventure so far to hear that Wayne Hemingway is a fan of my brand! 
I went the extra mile for our decorations & designed some special nautical themed bunting especially for the event.



We made Pom-Pom whales, nautical bracelets & bunting! It was great to see young & old alike having a go at crafting!

Wonderful whales!
 My little sister came down from Leeds for the weekend to be my wonderful assistant!
Little sis
 We shared out space with Liverpool Community College who where making wonderful fabric headbands & pins! They also lent their fabulous eye for detail to decorating the outside of the building to make sure everyone could find us!



The Style Factory where also their doing vintage travel tags! It was such a pleasure to work along side such helpful & sociable team of people even when we where all so busy!
 Sadly I was too busy to get involved in the other workshops or to have the time to take some pictures of the rest of the festival but the Guinness World Record was broken for the most models on a catwalk (did you catch it on the news?) & you can see plenty of photographs of the event here.
 
Early morning coffee before the festivities 
Glorious weather on the Saturday
The staff where just fantastic! Even Mr. Wayne Hemingway himself popped by to ask if I needed anything. I regret not fan-girl-ing out & asking for a photograph but it didn't seem appropriate at the time. They even provided us with waterproofs when the weather turned on the Sunday!
What a difference a day makes...

All their hard work & effort paid off (no-one can control the weather) & I hope you had as much as a fantastic, although tiring (I had pompom cutters fingers by the end of it!) weekend as we did!
One part of our set up

Mini chest of wool

Bracelet making table

Pompom workshop




Proud pompom-ers

Mixing it up a bit

Getting creative

Unwinding afterwards after dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment