Search This Blog

05/10/2014

London!

On Monday me & the boy set off to London for a jaunt for his birthday (he's now 32! Makes me feel old as I organised his 25th birthday drinks!) and had a wonderful time!

The weather was great, the hotel was hilariously basic with its white walls, white bedding, white bathroom, white mirror and kettle (themed as a mental asylum we felt). To use the loo you had to tuck your knees under the sink, there was no bedside table (here is my Four In A Bed addiction coming out!) and the table was just a piece of (painted white) wood screwed onto the wall.

Birthday boy eating cake in the white room
Poppies at The Tower of London
We managed to cram a lot into our full 3 days including The Imperial War Museum (AMAZING!), Buckingham Palace, Camden Lock (spent most of the boys birthday in Mega City Comics but...), The Natural History Museum, Tower Bridge, HMS Belfast and The Tower of London for the poppies! They are incredible and change the tone of the area completely.

Quick cheeky phone camera shot!
I even found wool wrapped around the railings of Southwalk Cathedral! Sadly this Campaign for Wool event is taking place this weekend and we where slaves to the day job/scheduled return train tickets/income/no hotel so could not stay for it but I would have loved to have seen it! Managed to get a quick sneeky look at them installing the main hall display

Wool weaved around the railings
You would have thought we would have had a nice break and after resting my injuries I'd be raring to go business wise but no...we are sick!






Big Boy/Little Boy

Mountain goat look at your coat!


Sun's out, guns out!
Sick at the Poppies....




















Spent yesterday curled up on the couch feel frustrated as I couldn't accomplish anything!!

So this week you are to expect:

* Shop update!
* Halloween goodies!
* Charity event announcement!
* Winter workshop dates!

If I fail on any of these you are allowed to give me a kick up the bum reminder :)

Boy at The Tower of London

Dino photobomb!

Have you ever been on a craft based holiday??

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you had an amazing time of your jollys. I especially like the photo of you and the boy where it looks like he is gearing up to punch up to punch you in the back of the head :-p, see you tomorrow at House!

    Chelle x

    ReplyDelete