Search This Blog

28/02/2015

The Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycraft's Show - Craft Heaven!

I was asked a few weeks ago to help out at The Manchester Stitching, Sewing & Hobbycraft's Show ICHF expo at The Event City Centre for The UK Hand Knitting Association.



It was a fantastic day! The trip there was eventful, since I don't own a car, so a train to Urmston & a 40 minute walk it was! Luckily I didn't have to take anything with me as it was all provided as Google maps seem to think that the hard shoulder of a motorway is a footpath! I must have looked hilarious climbing through shrubbery to get through the last leg of the journey but I had no other options!

The event itself was massive. Stalks from all over the country selling everything craft related you could imagine & loads of demonstrations & workshops! It would have been so easy to be drawn into a new craft if I had the day to explore!

Extreme knitting needles

Extreme knitted rugs!


Even the costumes from the ITV series Mr Selfridge where there in all their finery!

Mr. Selfridge's costumes
On our stand we where getting people involved in the UKHKA's Guinness World Record attempt to create the longest link of knitted/crochet chains whilst showing people the basics of knitting & crocheting.



Already have 1 Guinness World Record...



It was great to see so many people from such different backgrounds getting involved or wanting to learn a new skill & the project is not far off its goal of a mile!

Chains still to be sewn together!
These giant balls where only the tip of the iceberg as if all of the project was placed it would have taken up the whole stand!


I got a chance to explore & managed to restrain myself quite a bit only buying some fabric & some t-shirt yarn which I've not had an opportunity to try out yet.

I didn't buy my dream storage unit - it closes into a wardrobe!

I just bought this.
ICHF events are fabulous & it was a pleasure to help out on a project that aims to pass down crafty skills to future generations.




In the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment