Search This Blog

16/03/2015

The Week in which EVERYTHING Happened...

Well last week was fun!

I've managed to give myself half a day off today (I'm typing this at 11pm after craft meet) after doing 7 full days last week but I love my little business & I will do what it takes for it to be a success. Fingers crossed.

It started last Sunday with a stall for International Women's Day at The Baltic Social which was ace! I love working stalls at fairs as I love interacting with the other stall holders! Everyone is always so friendly, lots of advice & it makes for a great day regardless of what sales are like!


This was my first stall with my boyfriend as an assistant & to be fair he was pretty good! He even taped one of my business cards to his chest to be a little walking advertisement! 

Me & Frank :)

Monday was all day admin applying to more fairs & doing the books. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday was working in the day job, I normally only do 2/3 days a week so bit of a hit to the system. Luckily I only did short-ish shifts as I had meeting on Wednesday, left early to go to The Lock In on Thursday & more meeting Friday!

The Lock In was brilliant! Its a networking event with workshops & applications for funds in a very relaxed atmosphere with like minded small businesses who get the opportunity to meet with a variety of people who can help with funding & other businesses who might benefit you! 
Me top right!
The only downside was wheeling a suitcase full of wares around all day but that is the life if you do not have a car! 

Saturday I did my first fair with Tinderbox Fairs at The Arts Club in Liverpool & we could not have been looked after better by Jenny or the staff!  I'm working with Jenny again in the future & I'm super excited about it! 

I worked the early shift on Sunday then it was off to my Mum's to cook her dinner since it was Mothers Day & I do get a wonderful amount of support, help & encouragement from her during stressful periods, as well as everything else in-between! 

Now this week, no rest for the wicked, I am running my first set of workshops at The Rare Bear Boutique teaching knitting & I'm really looking forward to it as its such a beautiful & inspiring setting as well as donating some knitting or crochet classes to a S.O.B's (Survivor's of Bereavement by Suicide) fundraiser as well as a lace & fabric cushion. This is just such a fantastic cause (click here for my blog on knitting & mental health) & if you are Liverpool based & can make it on Saturday then you should! Click here for the Facebook event page.


However its not all work as I'm out with the girls on Wednesday night! My friend is back from Australia for a few months so high school reunion time! We have been friends for over ten years so I just hope we all behave & do not drink too much as if you look at my Facebook page I've mountains coming up!

More about that later though! ;)

Hope you have an excellent week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment