Search This Blog

18/11/2014

Knitting without needles & other wonderful skills!

My most favourite thing in the world at the minute (besides pompom's!) is knitting without my knitting needles. My beautiful Chiaogoo needles remain in their lovely case and I am using what my mother gave me, my arms and fingers…

My gorgeous knitting needle set :)

I would just like to point out here that I am aware that you need your fingers, hands and arms when knitting with needles anyway but there is another way.

I've been making arm knitted scarf's and finger knitted headbands!
Pale, pasty & chubby magic workers :P

Bring on the chunky and super chunky wool as this winter we are all going to be very warm!

Loving chunky scarf's!
The speed at which you can make stuff is amazing, although you are limited on a pattern selection.
The other downside is you need to have zero distractions, don’t drink that cup of coffee/be waiting on a phone call/have food in the oven/need to let the cat in before sitting down to arm knit because you cannot put your work down. However it brings immense amounts of satisfaction and is very addictive.
Gorgeous texture whilst keeping you very warm! 


I've decided to share my love of arm and finger knitting with you all (or those who can make it to Liverpool!) on the 22nd November at The Crosby Tea Rooms!


For £20 you get me for a whole day (10am-3pm) and we will go through everything; casting on, casting off, how to knit – all these methods are very different for finger knitting compared to arm knitting. As well as tea and coffee and great lunch deals from The Crosby Tea Rooms themselves.
The best thing about it though is that you need zero knitting experience to be able to do it!

Keeping those ears fashionably warm! 
Great fun for those who already can knit and want to try something different and great for those who want to work with needles as it helps you understand how it is all possible (avoiding using horrible terms like “transferable skills”…blegh).

You will go away with a scarf or snood and a matching headband in a colour of your choice! Great for a treat for yourself or as a present for someone else!

You don’t need to bring anything but yourself and we will sort the rest!








BUT!!! This is not the only workshop I'm bringing to The Crosby Tea Rooms these cold months...checkout the list below to see the wide range of stuff's we have going on!

On Sunday we will be making crochet mittens, to finish off the winter set & the best thing about this workshop is it is suitable for all crochet skill sets! 


If you would like to book you can click this link here which will take you to the main site & there is a Pay-pal option on the right hand side of every page or you can pop into The Crosby Tea Rooms directly & have a nice cuppa & a bit of cake whilst you are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment