Search This Blog

03/08/2015

MakeFest 2015

If you have never been to Liverpool then I will just tell you we have an amazing Central Library! 

This is part of the view from the roof top! 


Its made even more awesome by the events that are held there! One of the big ones this year was The MakeFest which I had the most fantastic honour of being invited to take part in!




That is a serious staff badge!



My set up 

I ran a pom-pom making workshop for FREE for kids making pom-pom fruit & animals! The adults also had a lot of fun since most where left to make them themselves! 

The Library was packed out from about 30 minutes after opening at 9am! I had to take a break for an hour at one point as I was so overwhelmed by mini & older crafters alike! Close to 100 pom-pom animals where made that day including; bee, whales, strawberries, pigs, frogs, pineapples, watermelons & the most popular hedgehogs! 




I have to say a huge thank you here to my friends at This Material Culture who's own crafty skills helped me out a great deal when my stall was super busy even though they where running their own workshop!


This Material Culture! Check them out!

I only had a short amount of time to run around the 4 storeys of the Library to see what else was going on! It was immense! There where drone selfies, 3D printing, coding, sewing, letter pressing, Raspberry Pi workshops & so much more! The website list of everyone who was their can be found here.












The organisers should be so proud of themselves! Every maker was treated with the up most respect & care, making sure we had everything we needed including lunch & water. They also made sure the public found each & every table so that everyone could enjoy everything that was on offer!









This was the most fantastic event which was entirely free so if you missed out this year keep your eyes peeled for next summer where hopefully I'll be bringing another workshop!


No comments:

Post a Comment