Search This Blog

25/06/2016

The Moody Octopus Project; The Night Before

Tomorrow is The MakeFest.




It's the final day for submitting Moody Octopus pieces as it is assembly day.

I had a goal in mind for how long I wanted each leg & I have just gone for it in the advance sewing up! 



I wanted 96 pieces in total which would be 12 pieces per leg. Realistically we are going for 8 pieces per leg which means I have 6.5 legs!

Expecting more tomorrow too!


Am I worried? 

No.

Does it matter if we make that target?

No.

The response I have gotten from this project has been outstanding. I have learnt a lot about myself through running this project & I hope you have too.

I have had such wonderful emails/letters/posts of encouragement, luck & personal reasons of why people are getting with this project.



I've had international & domestic pieces going into these legs so I hope you find the head suitable!



Its a 42" striped beach ball - special thanks to the boyfriend for blowing it up - with cream crochet over the top so the colours show through just a touch. Was a huge undertaking in itself with a total of 5 balls of yarn used by crocheting on a 10mm hook with the wool doubled.



An yes, I did crochet plate sized eyes! 

The support pack from Time To Change has arrived, my helpers are ready to go & the next blog post I will be posting (I am crazy busy this week!) will be post MakeFest but do not worry there will be A LOT of photographs.

I'll be updating my Instagram, Twitter & Facebook accounts on the day if you want to see Octo (he has a name finally!) in advance! 

Follow the hastag's #moodyoctopus & #girlonpurl


I want to wish everyone who has donated time & effort to this project!

Sincerely, it started out as something I needed to do for this event but it has grown into so much more...

If you posted an Octo piece & DID NOT put a return address on the envelop can you please email me a postal address at:

enquiries@girlonpurlaction.co.uk 

Do not worry, I am not sending the pieces back but I do need it for personal reasons.

Speak soon!

A very happy Gemma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment