Search This Blog

03/01/2015

Hello 2015!

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you all! I hope you had a wonderful time whatever you got up to! I just sat in drinking with the boy as I'd been up super early for the day job but had a lovely New Years Day with my folks drinking champagne with an Indian takeaway! 


Christmas with the boy's family was great but a lot more hectic & energetic than the food based coma at mine! We had snow in Liverpool on Boxing Day which was great as we where out in Woolton Village for my Dad's birthday, although it made getting home difficult but I did get to see Ganthet who had the best Christmas ever at hotel parents! My Mum uses him being there as an excuse to have the fire on all the time as he needs to be kept warm, I swear she is cold blooded herself! 


Now all the festivities are done with for another year everyone is all about "change" be it personal or other. I'm not setting any "must loose 2 stone" goals as I'm pretty realistic on that front & know that come the 15th I'll be back to my old tricks again! It's difficult enough working & trying to run a business & some form of a life without trying to make drastic changes to all parts! It's a good day if I put makeup on! 

Making lots of changes here too at GOPA HQ with the first off being that I'm going for CE certification (toy safety to most of us!) which I will blog about as it means essentially destroying my work in everyday imaginable to see how it copes with extreme stresses! 



I'm going to be putting a lot more varied stock in Rex in the coming months, branching out on the baby, accessories & home wear lines!

I'm also going on a one day course to learn how to use Etsy better as my shop keeping skills are shocking to say the least! I wanted to have a January sale but I've no stock at the minute so I'll be spending this month making!
 
If one of your New Years resolutions was to learn a new skill I still have spaces available for my beginners knitting workshop in Ormskirk & I'll be announcing others asap! There will be lots of themed workshops this year too as they prove very popular! 



I'll keep you all posted on new makes & when I'm reopening the Etsy shop! Now it's back to the pattern drawing board! 

No comments:

Post a Comment