Search This Blog

26/09/2014

Bella Nuvia Open Day

Last Sunday, 21st September, I dragged (and I mean dragged as the wheel broke off halfway there and all the springs popped out so now its a death trap!) my owl wheels full of craftiness to Bella Nuvia in Oxton for a day of wedding DIY crafts :)

It was a fab day and I decorated downstairs in just a few ideas for wedding decorations that could be done yourself whilst together look amazing!


It was lovely talking to so many brides who are having a hand crafted element to their wedding from their own flowers to decorations! Definitely the majority!

The biggest constraint on a bride-to-be is time so a fair few had brought their bridesmaids along since for a lot they where taking the crafty reigns!

The most popular items of the day where the rolled paper flowers whilst the slide show provided no end of inspiration and ideas.

If I ever get married I don't know how I'd have my wedding as there are just too many fantastic ideas out there!




I met some lovely local businesses as well from the fantastic hairdressers at Gossip, the lovely ladies from Amberlight Images and the marvellous Victoria Blossom flowers. Between us we had nearly a whole wedding sorted!
Victoria Blossom's flowers photographed by Amberlight Images at Bella Nuvia

I LOVE working with Natalie; even though we are two very different businesses we support each other as much as possible. You'll spot us working together again this Sunday at The Titanic Hotel in Liverpool as I'm giving her a hand whilst her dresses strut their stuff on the catwalk! Hopefully with models inside them or that would just be totally bizarre!

This Sunday!
In the next few weeks I'll be posting tutorials on all the wedding crafts featured on the day including;

* book roses
* rolled roses
* honeycomb pom-poms
* paper pom-poms
* pinwheels
* organza flowers

A big thanks to Natalie's Mum for a lift back to the train station with the bust bag!
Bust wheel & falling apart!


Did you have any handmade elements to your wedding?


No comments:

Post a Comment