Search This Blog

24/04/2015

Elabora

Elabora homeware and gifts was started at the end of 2013 by me, Peter. I had always dreamed of running my own business making high quality furniture and homeware products, and was trying to set it up while working full time to support my family. At that time I was working in a car parts shop and didn’t feel like I was getting anywhere near achieving my dream. I came across an advert for Government backed start up loans and so applied. With the cash injection and support from my business advisor, I was able to leave my job and concentrate on running my business full time 


Everything from Elabora is handmade in my workshop/shed at the bottom of my garden. As you can see it’s a bit of a squeeze... and a mess! Although I prefer to call it organised chaos!






By designing and making everything myself, I am able to ensure that all Elabora products are of the highest quality, environmentally friendly and ethically produced and sourced.
Al the wood used in Elabora products is either upcycled or FSC approved (http://www.fsc-uk.org/), which means that it comes from a sustainable managed forest. All the paints are chosen for their low environmental impact, for example, water based rather than solvent based. Even the sawdust is re-used to heat the shed in winter!

Everything is designed to firstly, look gorgeous, then to be functional. Like our phone holders. 





They look great on your desk, but they also have a handy feature so that you can charge your phone while it’s in the stand.

We also make things for kids - which I love because it is so much fun! Everything has the pass the 'Joseph Test' - that is my 2 year old Joseph has to love it, and not be able to destroy it! Our treasure chest toy box is particularly popular
 


Kids love it because it looks like a pirates treasure chest, and parents love it because it keeps things tidy!

So what’s next for Elabora? We have loads of exciting new products planned, including these LOVE blocks, which where designed especially for Valentine’s Day and loads of exciting new stockists. Keep checking our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/elaborahome and of course, keep popping into Rex which is always the first place to get new stock!




2 comments:

  1. I love that treasure chest! Its fascinating reading about all these small businesses I knew nothing about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it? It's really hard as a small business to get yourself out their either due to time or financial constraints! There are so many wonderful independents out there!

      Delete