Search This Blog

02/04/2015

April Showers!!

It's April & the weather is miserable!

How quickly is this year going?!

This month sees my business' first birthday on the 9th (technically, according to HMRC!) & lots of lovely guest bloggers!

Knitted cake of course!
These are people who work like I do, doing what they are passionate about & love!

I'll be spending my 'business birthday' on the on a little stall at The Spare Rib Presents…Cabaret Lock Down with some new hair accessories, jewellery & some other bits from my vintage inspired line!



I did my first shift at The Duke Street Bazaar yesterday (writing this from in their today!) & it's fabulous! An independent collective of artists & designers all stock their own spaces whilst running & looking after this wonderful shop so you'll only find staff who want to give you their all!


I'm sharing my space with Alex from Stix Creations so we have gone for a painted pompom feel in our pod! It's so colourful & I'll be moving a new range of stock in next week!

My unpainted wall & crate shelves getting painted today!
I will EVENTUALLY, this month, open up my Etsy shop properly! I'm just snowed with commissions at the minute (yay!) & with my local shops but I will be having a launch sale with a lovely discount for all my blog readers so keep your eyes peeled!

It's not all sunshine & rainbows however. I've been working so much over the past two weeks that come Monday when this post was originally due to go out I was completely burnt out. I was physically, mentally & emotionally drained so I have taken a few evenings off to re-group! It makes the world of difference & I feel really motivated again now!

Duke Street selfie! 


This weekend I'm off to the (nearly) in-laws (I'm not technically married although I refer to him as the husband) for a double family celebration in Yorkshire & I'm taking the first knitted gift I have done in a long time so I'll only show a sneak peak! I'm spending Easter with my family & I'm working the Bank Holiday in the day job (Boo!) so it will be a craft free few days….

This is all I can show you of the gift!


Do you have any crafty plans for the Bank Holiday?

Speak soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment