Search This Blog

21/04/2015

Pop Pole Fitness

My name is Allyson and I am owner & instructor of Pole Pop Pole Fitness in York. I have been poling for over 5 years and have been teaching for over 3. I started teaching in Leeds and then when the opportunity to teach in York came about, I jumped at it to start my own school. Pole fitness & pole dancing is hard work & not for the faint of heart. It is a fantastic way to keep fit as well as an awesome way to make friends and learn a new skill in the process.
Inspiration wall!

I love to always keep training & learning new things. It is a great way to keep motivated as well as a great way to show my students what I am up to when I’m not teaching in class. I give myself a training schedule each week and a maximum amount of training I should aim for. Just in case my motivation lacks, as we all know sometimes “real life” gets in the way, I have an “motivation wall.” My “motivation wall” includes pictures of my favorite polers/pole moves and lists of moves I should work on lest I forget. My students are also very inspirational. They all work hard and are not only very good at learning new moves but motivating each other. It’s lovely to see! If for any reason, I am having a bad day, coming to class and getting to work with my students always makes my day better.
Photo by York Photography Studio

I enjoy being a part of the pole community. If you’re not into pole- it is bigger then you think & I swear pole is trying to take over the world! I take part in as many events that I can afford to go to. I’ve competed in competitions before in the past but recently I was a pole cleaner at a national competition and it was a new experience. I got to see some of the UK’s top pole athletes competing up close. My school has taken field trips to competitions, out for a few drinks on a lazy afternoon as well as having a pole barbecue during the summer. Everything we do, I try to write about on our blog. If we haven’t done anything outside of class, I aim to write a blog to help motivate & inspire my students by sharing my thoughts and my experiences.


Pole cleaning!

Everyone has something different in their life that keeps them going. Mine is pole. If I didn’t have pole in my life, I have no idea what I would be doing. When I was younger, I couldn’t do a pull up let alone a push up and I was always picked last in gym class. I’ve changed a lot not only physically but mentally since giving pole a try all those years ago. Pole has made a massive difference to me and I’m glad I get to have it in my life every day.

Enjoying private tuition!

No comments:

Post a Comment